The Starting Point to a Sound Business Strategy
If you want your business to progress financially, you first must know what your business is worth. Ideal for pinpointing your current position and setting future financial goals, business valuations require diligent compliance, accurate application of methodologies, and an intricate knowledge of finance and industry. Business valuations are essential for:
- Selling your business
- Business loans
- Merger, acquisition, and stock offering
- Estate and tax planning
- Succession planning
- Divorce settlements
- Assisting attorneys in litigation
- Quantifying damages or losses for insurance claims
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
Packer Thomas has a qualified business valuation professional for every case, type, and instance. Having undergone stringent training, our diverse group of experts can apply the right methods to derive a value that is both reasonable and supportable, helping your business realize its full earning potential.
Business Valuation Specialist
Stephen F. Higgins, CPA, CVA, MT
Specific Areas of Expertise
- Valuations of closely held businesses for business acquisitions, buy-sell agreements, estate and gift tax matters, additional equity offerings and litigation support including domestic relations matters.
- Consultant and expert witness in business valuation and tax matters.
- Tax and consulting experience with clients in the health care, manufacturing, construction and not-for-profit industries and high net-worth individuals.